Our 23K gold leaf pieces require little maintenance and can withstand the outdoor weather conditions when cared for correctly. A few things to keep in mind as you handle your piece.....
- Gold leaf finish can scratch very easily. It is best to handle pieces carefully from the sides and back until they are hung.
- Fins and whiskers can be very fragile, avoid applying pressure to these areas on your pieces.
- Cleaning is not necessary or recommended.
- Although pieces are fine to get wet, excessive/long term exposure to water will damage the wood and gold.
- Do not place pieces between storm doors and inner doors. The extreme temperature changes will also cause damage to the wood and gold.